These are small crystal like diamonds which are stuck to the tooth surfaces of anterior tooth.Add spark to the smile..by enhancing the beauty.This is totally painless procedure,requires no tooth drilling.Can last for 6 months or more.Can be removed without any damage to the tooth if required.
Three reasons why dental jewellery is getting so popular
- Its affordable. Unless you want to put real gold on your tooth, dental jewellery is very affordable.
- They are very easy to use and there are hardly any chances that the patient will feel any pain.
- They are not permanent in nature. So the patients/clients can experiment and if they want they cam easily replace it with a new one.
Tooth Jewellery is much in demand these days in cosmetic dentistry. Most are making this style statement not only to surprise friends with a sparkling crystal glass design, or something in gold with a twinkle of ruby or diamond, but also add zing in life. These tiny little designs are great fun, and because there's no drilling involved, they wont harm your teeth.
If you want to make an oral fashion statement, there are safe ways. One is to use “Twinkles” – decorative appliqués that are bonded to teeth by the dentist, in the same way as orthodontic brackets. The procedure is very simple and usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes. They can be left in place for years if desired, but are removable, and do not damage the tooth.
What is the procedure
- It is completely dried and isolated.
- Tooth is etched with 37% ortho-phosphoric acid to increase the surface area for bonding.
- The surface is rinsed thoroughly with water and blow dried for 10 sec.
- A light-curing bonding agent is applied.
- A small amount of flow composite is applied to the surface of the tooth.
- A jewel handler is used to easily pick up the jewel and is Pressed into the centre of the composite.
- Now the dentist adjusts the jewel while letting the patient check the desired positioning in the mirror.
- The dentist then takes the light-curing lamp and start curing the composite from the top.
- It is Light cured from the sides for a few seconds and also the composite is cured from the back of the tooth making sure the composite hardens evenly.
- No Drilling.
- No Holes.
- No teeth Preparation
- No Loss of tooth structure.
- Temporary , Can be removed any time One desires.